The Scarlet Gunner
The Scarlet Gunner is a military social history resource majoring on the United Kingdom, the British Empire and the British Commonwealth.
Based on a large private collection of images and supporting information and 20 years of hands-on experience, the Scarlet Gunner is able to offer these services:
- Opinions on paintings, portraits and portrait miniatures of military subjects aimed at recognising the uniforms depicted and possibly the occasion, even the sitter.
- Advice to film and TV productions, or costume contractors, on historical military uniform and how to wear it.
- Design of Military ceremonial uniform, leading to project management of manufacture and supply.
- Supply or sourcing of items of officially authorised British Army full dress for: Bands, Corps of Drums, Colour parties, Regimental Pioneers etc, Re-enactment groups, and for Collectors.
- Design, organisation and management services for military re-enactment and historical events.
- Production of short illustrated briefs for Family Historians on military life in past times.